Saturday, 23 June 2012

My Experience at Nicole Farhi - Mens Fashion Week!

So last Sunday, I had the amazing opportunity of being part of the dressing team for Nicole Farhi at Men's Fashion Week.
Despite this being the first time I had been backstage at an actual catwalk show and being very nervous, I soon relaxed and enjoyed the experience thanks to everyone being so friendly and helpful.
The role of a dresser is to help the models get ready and make sure they're presentable for the catwalk, buttoning buttons, tying shoelaces, taking clothes off hangers ready for the models to put on.
The collection was stunning, and the pieces were very wearable and consisted of subtle elegant shades of blue, cream and sand, and soft tailoring. My favorites being the quilted jackets, cream jumpers & shirts - although this was what the model I was assigned wore, so maybe I'm a bit biased. 
It was a lot of fun, and as soon as the show finished I wanted to do it all over again!
I didn't manage to snap any pictures, however if you'd like to see some of the looks and backstage here's a link to another blog, with some pictures of the event.
http://www.fashion156.com/collections/nicole-farhi-london-collections-men-ss13/ 
(Theres even one with me in! 3rd picture down on the far right - if your interested..) 
India x

No comments:

Post a Comment